Dra. Laura Marroqui
Professor of Phisiology, Miguel Hernandez University
- We are a research team based at the Universidad Miguel Hernández de Elche, interested in pancreatic islet function and survival in health and diabetes. Our research aims to understand the molecular differences between alpha and beta cells that allow the former to survive during diabetes development. This knowledge might help us to protect beta cells and, therefore, to either prevent or slow diabetes progression in susceptible individuals
- Previous positions:
1. Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology, Miguel Hernández University of Elche, Spain, 2019-.
- Postdoctoral position:
1. Postdoctoral Juan de la Cierva-incorporación (IJCI-2015-24482). Institute of Bioengineering, Miguel Hernández University of Elche, Alicante, Spain, 2017-2019.
2. ULB Center for Diabetes Research, Medical Faculty, Université libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium, 2012-2017.
- PhD in Bioengineering, IBMC Program, Institute of Bioengineering, Miguel Hernández University of Elche, Spain, 2012. (Director: Prof. Ivan Quesada).
Awarded the Prize to the Best Thesis, Miguel Hernández University of Elche, 2013.
- Degree in Biochemistry, Miguel Hernández University of Elche, Spain, 2006.