Dra. Pilar García-Morales
Associate Professor of Biochemistry and molecular biology, Miguel Hernandez University
- Search for new biomarkers and therapeutic targets of clinical utility for tumours with poor prognosis.
- Screening and development of new therapeutic strategies for the treatment of glioblastoma.
- Vehiculisation of antitumour agents in nanoformulations of different natures.
- Development of new cellular and animal models closer to the patient to study the molecular mechanisms involved in the acquisition of resistance to chemo- and radiotherapy and the screening of new therapeutic strategies
- Previous positions:
1. Associate Professor, Department of Physiology, Miguel Hernández University of Elche, Spain, 1998-2009.
2. Lecturer in Physiology, Physiology Group, King’s College London, London, UK, 1995-1996.
- Postdoctoral positions:
1. Department of Physiology, Miguel Hernández University of Elche, Alicante, Spain, 1997-1998.
2. Physiology Group, King’s College London, London, UK, 1993-1995.
- PhD in Chemistry, Neuroscience Program, Institute of Neurosciences, University of Alicante, Alicante, Spain, 1992.
- Degree in Chemistry (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), Autonomous University of Madrid, Madrid, Spain, 1989.