Dra. Ana María Fernández-Escamilla
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF BIOCHEMISTRY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY, MIGUEL HERNANDEZ UNIVERSITY
- Protein engineering.
- Protein-ligand binding interactions and protein-protein interaction.
- Molecular modeling.
- Biochemical, biophysical and structural characterization of proteins.
- New amyloids: exploitation in biomedicine, food security (food allergy) and sustainable agriculture.
- Bacterial biosensor development for detection of toxic and antimicrobial compounds.
- Characterization of the molecular mechanisms involved in microorganism-environment interaction.
- Previous positions:
1. Senior Researcher. National Programme for the Promotion of Talent and Its Employability, Ramón y Cajal National Sub-Programme. Environmental Protection Department. Estación Experimental del Zaidín (EEZ), Spanish National Research Council (CSIC). 2010-2016.
2. Research Associate. Environmental Protection Department. EEZ (CSIC). 2009-2010.
3. Research Associate. Biochemistry and Molecular Parasitology Group. Institute of Biotechnology. University of Granada (UGR). Mar 2009.
4. Research Associate. Microbial Antagonists Substances Group. Microbiology Department. Faculty of Sciences. UGR. 2007-2008.
5. Postdoctoral Research Fellow. Medicinal Chemistry Unit. Structural Biology Laboratory. Felipe Prince Research Centre (CIPF). 2005-2006.
6. Postdoctoral Research Fellow. Structure and Molecular Spectroscopy Unit. Physical Chemistry Rocasolano Institute. Spanish National Research Council (CSIC). 2003.
7. Postdoctoral Research Fellow. Structural and Computational Biology Unit. European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL). Heidelberg (Germany). 2001-2005.
8. European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) predoctoral-fellow. Agricultural University of Norway. Molecular Genetic Laboratory (LMG), Department of Biotechnologies Sciences. 1998.
9. European Community Fellow. Department of Physical Chemistry. Faculty of Sciences. University of Granada (UGR). 1997-2000.
- Postdoctoral positions:
- PhD programme: Methodology and Treatment of the Chemical Phenomena.
- Degree in Chemical Sciences.